About Me

My photo
Archivist at the National Archives in College Park, Md. Local Historian and future writer.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Employment-National Archives

The first week at the new job was great... It is so blissful working in the place that I first researched Berga. Looking back I cannot believe the opportunities God has given me this past year. It is hard to believe that I was just at the Archives in March of 2010 never realizing that I would work there the following year.

This week, I had the opportunity to view files which have been in storage since WWII, not available to the public.   It was so exciting to get dusty and prepare these files for future researchers. It was so rewarding/exciting to get my hands on sources that haven't been unearthed until I opened the box. My passion for this tasks is what drives me to become an Archivist. I absolutely love my job. It is purposeful and brings me great happiness that I could be influential in sparking an interest in another researcher.


I am looking forward to the months ahead.

No comments: